iNovia is looking for a Director of Communications with at least 5-10 years of experience in marketing and communications. Someone with a positive attitude and passion for what they do. Someone who loves the media, building brands and working in a small, fast paced, entrepreneurial environment. If you have always been curious about startups and entrepreneurship, we want to talk to you. We are not a startup but we provide the financial fuel that underpins their growth. We are not a huge corporation, that would be too boring. iNovia is a group of passionate venture capital investors backing some of the brightest tech entrepreneurs in the world.
Our success depends on our ability to apply the funds we’ve been entrusted with, to outstanding entrepreneurs who grow market-leading companies. Among the people who already know who we are, iNovia is well thought of, because we work really hard to do a great job for our investors and our startup-company founders. But the challenge is to be able to help a lot more people, which we can only do if we broaden the circle of people who think well of us. By making sure that more entrepreneurs and investors feel positively about iNovia even before they have met us, we increase our chances of attracting the high-quality of deal flow that leads to investment success. The challenge for our Communications Director is to lead us toward this goal, contributing greatly to iNovia’s future success.
The ideal candidate will:
- Own the iNovia brand and play a leading role in developing that brand in North America.
- Lead all press relations and content development.
- Prepare and issue all new investment press releases and major announcements.
- Maintain relationships with media contacts as well as keep a database of those contacts up to date.
- Write or review blog posts written by iNovia, its Venture Partners and portfolio companies.
- Manage iNovia’s quarterly CEO newsletter and investor communications.
- Support our portfolio companies with PR best practices as needed.
- Play a leading role in organizing iNovia’s related events including our Annual General Meeting (AGM) and CEO Summit.
- Help manage iNovia’s website and event microsites.
- A “go-getter” with a positive attitude.
- Work experience of at least 5 years in marketing and communications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage service providers such as web firms and PR agencies.
- Self motivated, autonomous extremely well organized with excellent time management skills.
- Familiarity with tools such as WordPress, Google Docs, Mailchimp, SurveyMonkey (an asset).
- Available for occasional travel.
- Desire to learn and grow in an entrepreneurial environment.
- A passion for technology and the early stage tech scene.
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary & full benefits.
- Casual, fun, work environment where growth potential is unlimited.
- An opportunity to work with a Who’s Who of startup and tech companies.
Location: Montreal, Canada (with a possibility of remote work)
Contact us at email@example.com with your Linkedin profile link and a few paragraphs about what makes you awesome!
iNovia is an early stage venture capital firm that partners with visionary entrepreneurs to build the next generation of digital platforms and services. We leverage our distributed team and network of experienced founders, company builders and engineers to foster the growth of category-defining businesses. Headquartered in Canada, iNovia manages $450M and invests across North America. For more information, visit www.inovia.vc.