“Timing is everything” and maybe timing for you is right now, because iNovia Capital is looking for a Communications Associate.
You have a natural ability to communicate and your peers call you a social butterfly. You are early in your career and have a burning desire to show you have what it takes to be a communications guru. You are a go-getter. You are not looking for a mundane job, you want an opportunity that will accelerate your growth. Last but not least, you love a fast paced work environment (and you can outrun the Energizer bunny after a day’s work). If the above defines you and the below motivates you, we want to hear from you!
- Be the key iNovia Community resource for our portfolio entrepreneurs.
- Play a leading role in organizing iNovia’s related events including the Annual General Meeting (AGM), CEO Summit, CIO dinners and AccelerateMTL.
- Prepare and issue all new investment press releases and major announcements. This includes using mailing software tools, social media, press relationships and other contacts to get our portfolio stories out.
- Maintain an up-to-date database of iNovia’s media contacts and relationships to the benefit of our portfolio companies.
- Support portfolio companies with PR best practices as needed.
- Write or review blog posts written by iNovia, its Venture Partners and portfolio companies.
- Manage iNovia’s various social media profiles and maximize engagement with the community.
- Help manage iNovia’s website and most importantly its content.
- Provide support for other communications or administrative needs, which in turn can help accelerate iNovia and its portfolio growth.
- A “go-getter” with an amazingly positive attitude.
- Work experience of ideally 2 years in marketing and communications, minimum.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Self motivated, autonomous and extremely well organized.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Strong familiarity with social media networks and tools.
- Desire to learn and grow in an entrepreneurial environment.
- A passion for technology and the early stage tech scene.
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary & full benefits.
- Casual, fun, work environment where growth is unlimited.
- An opportunity to work with a who’s who of startup and tech companies.
Location: Canada or United States
Contact us at email@example.com with your Linkedin profile link and a few paragraphs about what makes you awesome!
iNovia is a leading Canadian venture capital firm that partners with exceptional entrepreneurs to build successful companies in high-growth sectors. The team is comprised of entrepreneurs and sector experts focused on Mobile, Internet and Digital Media. iNovia has $275M under management across three seed and early-stage funds.