Location: Montreal Office
Sector: Information Technology
iNovia Capital (“iNovia”) partners with exceptional entrepreneurs to help them build successful technology companies. The team is comprised of entrepreneurs and sector experts focused on Mobile, Internet and Digital Media. We believe in a partnership with the entrepreneurs that we back and seek to actively leverage our expertise and networks to support our portfolio companies.
iNovia currently has $165M under management across two seed and early stage funds. iNovia invests across Canada and in the United States with offices in Montréal and Calgary as well as a presence in New York. More information can be found at http://www.inoviacapital.com
Venture Capital Associate Job Description
The opportunity is to provide support to the investment team and more specifically to the Partner overseeing mobile and consumer Internet and software investments. The Associate is responsible for all facets of analysis and assessment of potential venture capital investments in the field of information technology broadly defined with a particular emphasis on mobile, software and digital media. This will include financial modeling, due diligence, market assessments, competitive analysis and forming a viewpoint on the investment opportunity as well as crafting investment memoranda. In addition, the Associate will monitor and report on portfolio company’s performance as well as supporting them on ad hoc projects. The role will include travel and participation in industry events where he/she is capable of representing iNovia and helping build iNovia’s network of collaborators and partners.
IDEAL EXPERIENCE PROFILE
– Strong entrepreneurial experience in launching a tech start up; or 4-5 years of experience gained as a financial analyst, management consultant, or in a strategy role at a company;
– Ability to analyze a wide variety of businesses in technology, software and digital media;
– Ability to self-direct, analyze, evaluate, and form independent investment judgments;
– Excellent organizational skills with a “self-starter” mentality and also a strong attention to detail;
– A record of achievement in a relevant business or technical discipline from a top-tier university;
– A recent technical graduate or MBA from a top-tier university would be desirable.
IDEAL PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- – Mature and confident with the ability to work autonomously;
- – Strong ability to build relationships and trust;
- – Impeccable work ethic;
- – Highly motivated and passionate;
- – Clearly driven by success;
- – Possesses the wherewithal to gain the respect of CEOs, management teams and other venture capital professionals;
- – Perfectly bilingual (French and English);
- – Team player who can consistently accomplish critical organizational objectives on time;
- – Unquestionable personal and professional integrity and ability to keep the best interests of iNovia in mind at all times.
Please send CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org and denote Associate in the subject