I had the extreme privilege to head east last week and join up with my iNovia teammates to lend a hand in hosting Accelerate Montreal with the C100. What a phenomenal couple of days! Many C100 members were up from south of the border and the three headliners – Brad Feld, Howard Lindzon and Dave McClure – did not disappoint.
In addition to the general sessions Montreal startups were out in full force to show off what they are doing to a select crowd during the morning event. On top of all of this there were great dinners, both formal and informal, and networking for everyone involved. I have to admit that I came back from Montreal incredibly pumped about entrepreneurship, building killer companies and great communities and eco-systems!
So, the best news is that after successful Accelerate events in Toronto and Montreal the next stop is Calgary this summer for Accelerate Alberta on July 13th!
Here is a quick primer of what you can expect at this event:
- Great speakers, mentors, entrepreneurs, angels and VCs coming from all over North America.
- A chance to meet with the passionate Canadians in the Valley driving the C100 and connecting Canadian startups with opportunities south of the border.
- A chance to get together the Alberta tech startup community and rally around each other to build world-class companies. We all know that entrepreneurs need pier support!
- Interaction with the newly formed, and growing, A100 – the Alberta equivalent of the C100 right in our own backyard.
- The opportunity for your startup to pitch to world-class entrepreneurs, angels and VCs and participate in roundtable mentoring sessions.
- Phenomenal networking and community building opportunities.
- Great parties and other festivities around the Calgary Stampede!
- A chance to show everyone, both in and out of Alberta, that there is exciting things going on here!
There will be many more announcements over the coming weeks leading up to this event including registration details, speaker lineups, applications to get your startup in the morning sessions and networking events. So, start spreading the word and get ready to accelerate Alberta.